Firm History & Legacy
Our professionals remain dedicated to the highest ethical practices, adhering to independence, confidentiality, objectivity, and candor. bgr CPAs remains dedicated to the principles on which our founders initially built the firm: We work to render the highest quality tax, accounting and business consulting services by building trusting and engaging relationships with each of our clients, regardless of size.
Berman Goldman & Ribakow began its existence in 1939, when Louis J. Berman and Herbert Goldman formed a partnership to provide accounting, auditing and tax services to clients in the Baltimore metropolitan area. The office was located in Baltimore, Maryland.
Sylvan Ribakow came into the firm a few years thereafter and was made a partner in 1952.
An office was opened in the District of Columbia in 1953 to service the growing practice in Washington and suburban Maryland and Virginia.
In 1973, Berman Goldman & Ribakow brought two offices together in their own building in Columbia, Maryland. All three of the partners have since passed away; but their precepts of rendering the highest quality service to clients live on in their name and in the present partners and staff.
After years of growth, Berman Goldman & Ribakow moved into a new office space within the suburbs of Columbia, Maryland.
Patuxent Valuation Group (PVG) was formed to become Berman Goldman & Ribakow’s boutique business valuation consulting firm that provides a full-range of valuation services to individuals and businesses across a variety of industries.
The firm rebranded itself as bgr CPAs in 2011 and moved into their current office space off of Columbia Gateway Drive.
Our team of experienced and skilled professionals has extensive knowledge of the ever-changing laws and regulations within various industries, and has provided our valued clients with accurate, informed insights and business guidance for more than 70 years.